Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Vacation

6/26/09

Today was our first full day of summer vacation at home. We spent it sleeping in, picking strawberries, swimming, and picking and shelling peas from our garden. I am determined to be done with needing sleeping pills, so I went without last night. I fell asleep sometime around 12:30 and woke up at 2:30. I fell back to sleep somewhere around 6:30. Oh how I dread the wee hours of the morning when I'm wide awake and no one else is. The nice thing, though, is that I can sleep in as long as I want so I'm not too grumpy during the day. I played a full game of soccer last night as there were no subs- two 45 minute halves and I am so sore today! But it feels great that I was able to play that much. I'm getting my mojo back!

The girls are so happy and relaxed and today they were a joy to be around. Kaycee picked all the peas from the garden and she and I sat on the porch and shelled them and chatted. It was very sweet. Karina is trying to earn extra money so she weeded the flower beds. Who are these children!!?? I can especially see the change in Karina as she is so relaxed and happy now. She is big enough now to ride in the front seat with me, and on the trip she talked and talked about so many things. She hasn't talked like that in a long, long time. I think I haven't been so available to listen, and she has been stressed the last few months of school.

I also spent some time changing my bedroom from a sick room into a recovery room. I'm not quite done yet, but almost. I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment